Tuesday 5 September 2017

Lazy Bearded Lady

This is my most half-arsed craft so far. I need (yes need) a bearded lady for my CarnEvil halloween party next month and I can't be bothered dont have time to make one from scratch, so here's how I half-arsed it instead.

What I did/What you'll need:

Polystyrene head (you can get them for a couple of pounds on Ebay) 
Cheap wig (I got this last Halloween from Asda or Wilko) 
Fake beard (£1 from Wish) 
Paper mache mask - I used my witch mask from last year's Twisted Disney party - you can find a much better way of making one here or an easy way of making one here (I used a mix of foundation and acrylic to paint mine)
A handful of sewing pins.
Fabric to wrap around the neck (I used a collar from an old top)

Get you a polystyrene head

Put your papermache face on it

 

Hold it on with some pins

 

Work out the placement for the beard

 

Cut the elastic off and pin it in place

 

Yarrr

 

Put the wig on and pin it to hold in place

 

I darkened the eyebrows with a black Sharpie

 

Added a bit of crayon "eyeshadow".

 

Grab some fabric or a collar

 

Pin it around the base of the neck (the bit the beard doesn't cover)

 

She's beauty. She's grace. She's got a beard on her face.

 Keep a look out for part 2 where I will attempt to attach the head to my tailors dummy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment