Friday 26 January 2018

Faux Brick Heart Bowls




Did you ever feel there was something missing from your life? Obviously the answer is yes because until now you didn't posess a single heart shaped faux brick bowl. Well worry not dear friend, for I have the solution to this most common of problems.

You will need:

Air dry clay
Acrylic paint or watercolour pastels
Cookie cutters
Rolling pin (I just use the inside of an old foil tube)

Roll out the clay, lay the embossing mat over the top and roll over it a few times.




Cut shapes out using cookie cutters. Use a wet finger to smooth the edges out. To curve up the edges lie the shapes inside a small bowl or lid and gently press into shape. Leave to dry for 24 hours (I turned them over once).




Paint with a thin coat of brown acrylic.


Before the paint dries, dab the excess of with tissue or kitchen roll.



I then used watercolour pastels to add more details. You could just use acrylic paint instead.

Brush reds, oranges and browns on randomly.


 Use a wet brush to mix the colours together.


 All done :-)

I have literally no idea what I'm going to use these for.


No comments:

Post a Comment